Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Introduction

Hi!

I'm a recent college graduate who spends most of her unemployed time knitting. I've been knitting off and on (with more time off than on) since I was a wee youngling. I started seriously knitting in college, and have made many scarfs in that time.

I'm one of those lazy knitters who doesn't knit gauge swatches. I've had failed experiences with them, so I stick to shawls and other items that don't need gauge swatches.

If you want to find me on ravelry, I'm trusthynenemy.

The point of this blog is for me to have a place to exult and complain when no where else seems appropriate. However, in order to keep it reasonably updated, I'm going to try to remember to post a knitting meme weekly.

Current WIP(s):
1. Yellow wavy baby blanket
2. Purple leaves shawl
3. Purple baby blanket shawl
4. Purple seascape Stole
5. Blue citron shawl

Progress:

1. 1 cubit (when I find my tape measure, I'll convert it to inches)
2. 5.5 leaves along the edge, 3 leaves along the center line
3. A little over 1 hand
4. Finished Chart A
5. Middle of second section

Goal(s):

1. Finish the current skein of the baby blanket and start the next.
2. Finish two more leaves (24 rows)
3. Increase another finger (2 more pattern repeats)
4. Finish Chart B once.
5. Finish section 2.

What new thing(s) have I learned?:

1. In a simple pattern, when attempting to rescue yo's from several rows back, it is best to frog to the mistake.
2. When you have two yarns close in color, switching them every two rows leaves the colour change invisible.
3. My projects are all over the purple thing.

Which project makes me happiest?:
I think the leaves one makes me happiest right now. I'm having fun with it, and it's easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment