Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week 3

I need to learn how to read and knit simultaneously.
College friends are graduating soon.
I found my tape measure, so you get actual measurements this week, rather than my body parts as measures!

On to the weekly meme!

Current WIP(s):
1. Yellow wavy baby blanket (Yarn: Bernat Baby Coordinates)
2. Purple leaves shawl (Yarn: Knit Picks Palette)
3. Purple baby blanket shawl (Yarn: Caron One Pound)
4. Purple seascape Stole (Yarn: Jojoland Harmony)
5. Blue citron shawl (Yarn: Katia Eco Cotton)
6. Irish Diamond shawl (Yarn: Malabrigo Sock)
7. Thick triangle shawl (Yarn: Lion Brand Chenille Thick and Quick)

Progress:
All numbers are approximate!
1. 21.5" long (36.5" wide, or so. Only 15 more inches to go, maybe?) Progress this week was 2 rows.
2. 7 leaves vertically, 14 leaves along the edge. (Unblocked: 20" spine)
3. 8" long (14" wide) No progress this week.
4. ALMOST 1 iteration of chart B complete! (Unblocked: 8.5" long, 20" wide)
5. Middle of second section. No progress this week.
6. Garter border complete. This shawl is part of a knit along with a friend, and will only show progress every two weeks.
7. 4" spine

Goal(s) from last week:
(Completed goals are italicized)
1. Finish the current skein of the baby blanket and start the next.
2. Finish two more leaves (24 rows)
3. Increase 5 pattern repeats.
4. Finish Chart B once. (This one, I'm close to finishing!!!)
5. Finish section 2.

Goal(s) for next week:
1. Actually work on it this weekFinish the current skein of the baby blanket and start the next.
2. Finish one more full leaf--24 rows
3. Increase 1-2 pattern repeats. I'm mostly hibernating this one, but I don't want to lose track of it.
4. Finish Chart B once and begin the second iteration.
5. Finish section 2.
6. No progress
7. This one is meant for when I'm barely awake, rather than with an actual completion in mind, so no goal for this one. We'll just see how it goes.

What new thing(s) have I learned?:
1. Sleep is important. I make fewer mistakes when I'm not tired.
2. Keeping 7 projects active is difficult.
3. People knit really differently, and have trouble learning from other knitting styles. Then again, when you're not able to interact with and watch the knitter, it's much harder to teach/learn.

Which project makes me happiest?:
I really like how my upward leaves shawl is coming along. So I think that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment